Competition of research works «Security and stability in the Central Asian countries»
COMPETITION OF RESEARCH WORKS «SECURITY AND STABILITY IN THE CENTRAL ASIAN COUNTRIES»
- Security and fight against terrorism in Central Asia in the context of globalization.
- Analysis of foreign and domestic threats to security and stability of the Central Asian countries.
- National strategies of security and fight against terrorism: comparative analysis.
Non-proliferationof weapons of mass destruction in the region and the international terrorism.
- Activity of the international terrorist organizations in the region and the sources of their financing.
- Russia's role in security and stability in Central Asia.
- Religious extremism, terrorism and security.
- Economic basis and financial terrorism sources in the region.
- Laundering the criminal incomes and financing the terrorist activity.
- Analysis of efficiency of cooperation among the Central Asian countries in the sphere of fight against terrorism as part of the regional integration organizations (Shanghai Cooperation Organization, Collective Security Treaty Organization and others).
- Counteraction to the illegal migration as part of fight against terrorism and assuring security in the region.
- Environmental aspects of the terrorist threat.
- Fight against drug trafficking and terrorism in the region.
Law-enforcementactivity and cooperation in the sphere of prevention of the transnational crime.
- Improvement of the economic mechanisms of security and stability in the Central Asian countries.
The students, postgraduates, masters and young lecturers (under 30 years old) of the Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Russian, Uzbek, Tajik and Turkmen universities took part in the competition.
The Competition Results
On October 11, 2006 the Competition of the research works was summed up. In all, over 50 applications for the competition were received.
The Competition Committee acknowledged the following participants as the winners:
First place (18 thousand rubles):
T.Arifullina (Volgograd State University), «Illegal migration in the south of Kazakhstan: is it an alarming symptom?»
Second place (10 thousand rubles):
D.Usmanov (Shark Research Centre, Dushanbe, Tajikistan), «Change of configuration of the Russia's military presence in Tajikistan. Influence of the changes on security in Central Asia».
А.Dankov (Tomsk State University), «Economic stability in the region of Ferghana Valley».
Third place (6 thousand and 3 hundred rubles):
М.Starchak (State University of Nizhni Novgorod), The Shanghai Cooperation Organization and stability in Central Asia».
N.Fayzullaeva (University of World Economy and Diplomacy, Tashkent, Uzbekistan), «Environment and terrorism».
Competition Committee recommended the winners' works for the
publication in the collected articles as part of the joint project
«Threats to security in Central Asia and Russia's interests». Those
works are also published on the site of the Eurasia Heritage
Foundation, analytical resource Eurasian Home www.eurasianhome.org and the